In 1897, 10 Methodists met in the home of Mr. and Mrs. H. C. Morgan and organized Meldrim United Methodist Church. Rev. Thomas M. Thompson was the first pastor and the first building was constructed that same year.
In 1912, the original sanctuary was struck by lightning and destroyed by fire. A new sanctuary was constructed in 1913, and after the first service was held, the entire cost had already been paid off.
Originally part of the Eden Circuit, our church has also been on the Guyton and Bloomingdale Charges.
Rev. Derek Hobbs has been with Meldrim United Methodist Church since 2018. He is an avid outdoorsman and loves UGA football. Go Dawgs!